Friday, April 3, 2009

Final Sickness: Four Real

So, welcome back once again, and for one last time to our sick, sick world. Sweet 16 wasn't really all that sweet, but at this point it's the anticipation that matters most. Nova-Pitt made the Elite 8 all worth it. It didn't even matter what happened on Sunday after that epicness. Even Oklahoma's disastrous performance couldn't put a damper on things. To call their defense loose, would be like calling Alyssa Milano moderately promiscuous. But what I really want to know is, when the shit did I get so excited about Spartan basketball? Oh yeah, when they played lockdown defense and refused to miss a shot in the last 12 minutes of their most recent game. So let's get this shit on the road, because Baylor-Penn State just ain't cutting it right now!



The Suton of Swing

vs.

The Connvicts


AND


Scottie Ice

vs.

The Green Lantern

---

I don't really have much to say about these games other than GO NOVA! I'm just going to let these games speak for themselves as they really are going to make or break this tourney. And this isn't just some last ditch effort to bring everyone else down to my own sunken, wretched level. Although there is plenty of that involved, as I have been oft described as a "vengeful mother fucker." But in all honesty, a Spartan-Wildcat final on Monday would get me about as moist as a cougar at a college town cocktail bar, and me likey. A Tar Heels-Huskies final, well, let's just say I'm just not sure I want to live in a world where such a match up is allowed to occur.

The bridge to the baseball season is almost finished. Enjoy the thrill while it's here because it's the last exciting we get to witness until, well, the Stanley Cup playoffs! Happy weekend y'all

No comments:

Post a Comment