Monday, April 20, 2009

Blogsturbation Monday


It's So Fucking On Right About Now






















While it may be no surprise to those of you who follow us closely, and as much as we here at FSD would love to reside within the "Liberated Fandom" framework as prescribed by our (eventual) friends over at Free Darko... We have our rooting interests. And it just so happens that in the first round of these NBA playoffs, these interests have T-Boned one another in the busy intersection of hometown allegiance.

And not to suggest that these interests in the series itself needed any additional augmentation, but we went ahead and made it a little more interesting anyway: Should the Baby Bulls bring down the (ahem) shorthanded Celtics, then yours truly will purchase a plane ticket to a wanton cesspool of Deuce's choosing. However, should the Mighty C's prove the victor, then Deucebag will need to purchase a ticket of his own, to the destination of my choosing, where I will inundate him with the high-cultural education that he so desperately lacks.

Seeing as neither of these teams feels the need to apply any interior defensive pressure to their game plans, it seems that the two pictured above (Game 1 combined: 65 points on 60% shooting, 18 assists, and 13 rebounds) will play the pivotal roles in this Tale of Two Superior Cities.

And I would just like to encourage Tyrus Thomas to keep shooting as I'm sure he will keep up that torrid 66% from the field. Oh, and just a word to the wise, dickmonkey: the only time you run down the court with your shooting hand pointed toward the heavens is if you make a dagger-worthy 3-pointer, or a game-winning bucket. But I guess your inconsequential 18-footer was worthy of the honor, as well.

Game 2 tonight in Boston... Feel free to hit a shot Ray Ray.

3 comments:

  1. I'm rooting for Rose, Rondo, and Thomas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just had the, "So I'm walking down the street, and I think I see a famous person" moment right there...

    In typical fashion, I freaked out a bit. Thanks for stopping in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll second that. Don't be a stranger, Shoals. Nuestro casa es su casa.

    ReplyDelete