Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Hi, My Name is Chris Evans


And I only do superhero movies.

And why is that? Well, because as everyone knows, super heroes are smart, buff, and very, very confident. Some would even say cocky. And why shouldn't they be?  They're smart, buff, and very, very confident.

Circular logic, you say?  I don't even know what that means, but I'm gonna take it as a complement.

People often criticize me for being a one trick pony, saying that I only have one mode of acting, characterized by sarcastic, a smug disposition, and a perma-smirk.  Their jealousy is obvious even behind their veil of lies.  Perma-smirk?  Who am I, Derek Zoolander?  I got more than one look ladies and gentlemen.  Here, you decide for yourselves:

I can be classy.



















I can be current.























Or, I can be Corey Hart from Sunglasses at Night.















One look?  Perma-smirk?  Please. Look at the evidence, folks: I'm no one trick pony.  I'm just a regular guy, with amazing abs, trying to make it in the world today, who just happens to look like a superhero.  Why wouldn't directors want me to in their picture playing a superhuman engine of justice?

Hang on one second...

Hey Ira.  Good good.  Can I play The Riddler in the next Batman film?  An evil superhero, eh?  A chance to truly show my range.  They're gonna make me look good, right?  Well, I'm in, then.  All right!  Hey, before you go; any word on that upcoming He-Man project?  I look good in fur, brother, don't you forget that!

Not sorry about that.  Anyway, what does it matter to you?  Just sit back, relax, leave your $15 at the door, and enjoy the most handsome superhero this side of, well, me.  Because whether I'm being pushed, fantastic, American, or all three; I'm amazing, and there's no denying that.

2 comments:

  1. HEY.....Cool it buddy....

    What about his protrayal of a High School QB oucast in "Not another teen movie"??

    Get you damn facts straight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i just love that the Gay? tag returns so many entries, yet you refuse to live-blog american idol. KNOW YOUR AUDIENCE.

    ReplyDelete