Friday, January 22, 2010

En Route: Hearin'



I ain't talkin' 'bout listenin'.

I'm talkin' 'bout hearin'.

In preparation for "Inventory 2010", I've been trying to keep my ear to the grindstone in order to be better prepared for the year-end festivities rather than rushing around for the last few months in order to familiarize myself with the pompously ordained essentials.  So expect a few more appearances from the Rock Cridick this year not only to bore you with heavily thesaurus-referenced articles, but to also improve and maintain any and all chops that may or may not exist. Why not, right?

And you've no doubt seen our recent Coachella post at which ol' Deucey and I will both be in attendance.  And after investing several hundred to a half-thousand dollars in gaining entry to this desert swassfest, I find that one maximizez such expenditures by being as educated about the music is possible prior to arrival.  Which is why I'm currently sampling every band that will be in attendance in order to better avoid Luceros of the world and enjoy the Major Lazers in attendance instead.  It's a project, but don't worry, I'm using plenty of work time to complete the chore.  Y'all as excited about it as I am, or what?

Now hear this:
  • Can't get to the show?  Well then please sit snarkily in the corner (Hipster Runoff).
  • I heard the grunts, but now I see the... Holy shit (Deadspin)!
  • Who else knew Purple Rain was about that Minnetonka incident (AwfulAnnouncing)?
  • And stop me if you've heard THIS one (The Sportress).
Let me tell you something... Yuh suspect!

No comments:

Post a Comment