Friday, November 27, 2009

En Route: Workin'





Few ways we could proceed after posting a lead photo such as that... But I'm just going to let that picture speak for itself rather than embarassing myself or tarnishing nearly 150 years of slave-free society.  The point is, my ass is at work today, and I'm sweating as if I were in the fields pre-cotton gin thanks to skunky 4th of July beer than ma and pa made sure to hang onto just for my visit on this special occasion.  In fact, I'm pretty sure that skunky 4th of July beer was actually Thanksgiving beer from the year before, so I guess it was fitting after all.

And as a matter of fact, I'm not sure if the beer is the problem, or if I'm still reeling from those sorry excuses for football game yesterday.  Holy balls.  There was not one second of drama, let alone entertainment provided by any of those games yesterday.  3 blowouts, 2 meaningful fantasy performances, and 1 pretty awesome bomb of a completion just does not cut it.  The good news?  The average margin of victory is now only 23.  So although Greg Jennings and Steve Smith didn't do shit for you fantasy teams yesterday, a full 2 point drop in average Thanksgiving blowout occurred, so you can always hang your (en route) non-playoff bound hat on that development.

And while you are all sleeping, eating, and mainly, NOT WORKING, feel free to enjoy the following:
  • If a curse is uttered on the NFL Network, does it make a sound? (Sports by Brooks)
  • If you happen to be making your Christmas list and also love hockey, well, here you go (World Hockey Blog)
  • Still hungry?  Well here's a low-carb alternative to the Baby Bird* (Basketball Jones)
  • What this segment probably should look like (Sportress of Blogitude)
Happy super duper long weekend y'all.  Fuckers.

*Baby Bird = Turkey, stuffing, cranberry stuff... and maybe mayo if you're into that.  Go ahead, it's a better name than whatever you've not been calling it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment