Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Happy Veterans Day Y'all




Hi, this is Kellen Winslow from the Tampa Bay Buccaneers just wanting to say "Thank you" to all of our veterans, soldiers, and WARRIORS out there.  I can't tell y'all how much I appreciate what you do for this country.  Keeping us free, safe, and rich.  It just means so much to me.

Why does it mean so much to me?  Well, because I'm just like y'all.  Have I ever been shot at?  No.  Have I ever had shrapnel removed from my body?  No.  But, I have been the victim of several holding penalties, a few vicious instances pass interference, and one mean crackback after shitty Horseballs threw one of his patented INT's when I was back in Ohio.  But I took it without complaint.  Like the WARRIOR that I am.  Y'all know what I'm talking about.

But you know what makes us the most alike?  I see all these dudes, these MEN, coming back, battered, bruised, maimed, but NEVER beaten.  And I know exactly the mindset that they return with.  I  mean, I have been wounded once when I was in the shit.  I mean, I did real time in the hospital.  A lot of people, they're MISTAKEN.  I didn't crash my motorcycle while clownin' around.  I heard gun shots.  Thought they were shooting at me, so I ditched the bike in order to take cover.  Several long days in the hospital, weeks of rehab, months of reverse culture shock after re-joining American society.  It weights have on a man's, on a WARRIOR's mind.

So this one is for y'all.  The real WARRIORS.  Just like me.  So in reality, this one is actually for me.

Happy Veterans Day to me, y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment